I have always enjoyed the savory more than the sweet, however, give me a chocolate covered pretzel any day and anything peppermint flavored during the holiday season. With that in mind, here’s a super easy peezy breezy recipe for Peppermint Oreo Pretzel Bark. I made them on Tuesday and my husband and I have devoured most of them in two days (#sorrynotsorry).
◊ Peppermint Oreo Pretzel Bark ◊
15-20 minutes prep time ◊ 1 hour 15 minutes make time ◊ 1 hour 30-35 minutes total time
- 1 12-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 12-ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- 6 cups of mini pretzels
- 10 mini candy canes, crushed
- 4 Oreos, crushed
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the mini pretzels on it (preferably touching).
- Fill two pots approximately halfway full with water and heat the water until it is boiling. Then turn both burners down to a low boil.
- Place a heat safe bowl on top of each pot and place the dark chocolate chips in one bowl and the white chocolate chips in another. Stir occasionally and let the chocolate melt until smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, crush up the candy canes and Oreos.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spoon the chocolate on top of the pretzels and spread with a spatula. It does not matter which you pour onto the pretzels first, however, try not to mix them together too much when spreading them over the pretzels.
- Take a knife and drag it through the chocolate to make it swirl. It should create a marble effect. This also helps to mix the two types of chocolate together over the pretzels.
- Spread the crushed candy canes and Oreos over the chocolate.
- Put the cookie sheet into the refrigerator and let the chocolate set for approximately 1 hour.
- Once the chocolate is set, take the cookie sheet out of the refrigerator and chop up the pretzel bark into pieces. I used a knife to help break the pretzel bark.
- And then enjoy!!! (Oh and don’t forget to lick the spatula(s), spoon(s)…pretty much everything when you are clean up….again #sorrynotsorry)